Why join WPC?
By N. Adrienne Churchill, Membership Chair
I could talk about:
• Professional development
• Kansas Professional Communicators (KPC, state organization)
• A monthly luncheon featuring savvy presenters
• Marketing and public relations
• Community focus and involvement
• Our annual communications contest
• National Federation of Press Women (NFPW, national organization)
• Social Media
• Local scholarship for students of communications and related programs
• Our annual JOIN WPC incentive of 15 months for the price of 12!*
• Notification of employment opportunities
• WPC-ICT, Independent Communications Talent
• Articulate and thought-provoking conversation
These are all great reasons to consider joining Wichita Professional Communicators, but the single BEST reason is to forge a relationship with each of our current 51 amazing members! The sheer wealth of our membership’s cumulative experience spans historical, contemporary and emerging aspects of the communications spectrum—and now is the time to add your story to ours.
2018 Membership Levels & Rates**
$150 Professional (includes KPC & NFPW membership)
$ 50 Local/Independent Contractor (does NOT include KPC/NFPW)
$ 45 ***Student (includes KPC & NFPW student dues)
Retired 1x payment of $105 to KPC + $30 annually to NFPW (retired membership fee)
*Beginning in September 2017, WPC offers a special incentive of “15 months for the price of 12” for NEW or returning members who have not been members for more than one year. This includes October-November-December of 2017 plus all of 2018.
**Membership runs from January through December, a calendar year.
***Student members must be currently enrolled in a communications or communications-related program of study at a local, regionally accredited college or university.