Several WPC members earned awards during the 2021 National Communications Contest sponsored by our national affiliate, the National Federation of Press Women. With more than 2,000 entries from across the country submitted in this year’s contest, these talented members faced tough competition. All of these NFPW award recipients had to place in the KPC communications contest before advancing to the national contest. Congratulations to all!
- Elizabeth Bower – Honorable mention, specialty articles, food; finalist for NFPW’s Communicator of Achievement
- Guy Bower – Third place, blog, personal; honorable mention, specialty articles, travel; honorable mention, radio and television, talk show
- Jennifer Eaton – Honorable mention, electronic newsletter, nonprofit, government or educational
- Amy Geiszler-Jones – First place, specialty articles, style; second place, specialty articles, history; honorable mention, specialty articles, physical health
- Madeline McCullough (with Ashley Schoch-Habib, Sean Yake) – Third place, advertising campaign
- Cheryl Miller – Honorable mention, publication regularly edited by entrant, newsletter/other publication – nonprofit, government or educational; honorable mention, feature story, magazine, newsletter/other publication; honorable mention, public relations materials, report
- Wilma Moore-Black – Third place, columns, informational; third place, information for the media, media pitch