If you’ve been following our Facebook page, you may have noticed WPC Social Chair Vanessa Whiteside has started sharing recommended resources on Tuesdays.
I want to highlight some I was excited to learn about:
- Tailwind – Vanessa said she’s a “big fan” of using Tailwind to schedule Pinterest pins, since Tailwind “knows the best time to push out content based on your account’s metrics.”
- Unsplash.com – WPC Courtesy/Reservations Chair Naomi Shapiro shared this site for free, high-quality images. Naomi’s also a “big fan of old school tangible resources” like the Oxford English Dictionary and the AP Stylebook.
- “White Space Is Not Your Enemy” by Kim Golombisky – I need to pick up a copy of this. Sean Jones, VP of programs, revealed this is his go-to source when designing.
- Microsoft Planner and Bookings – WPC Vice President Dawn Monroe says if you have a Microsoft 365 account, you have access to Microsoft Planner (changing its name to Tasks), which has a board view for buckets of tasks and integrates with Outlook and Teams. You also have Microsoft Bookings, which can replace Acuity or Calendly for booking appointments.
- Best cyber café – I wonder if this one is like sharing your favorite fishing hole or in my case, babysitter. You appreciate it so much you may not want to share. But Judy Conkling, WPC Scholarship Committee co-chair, graciously shared a couple of her favorite spots: Panera Bread on South Ridge Road followed by the Ascension Via Christi St. Francis Garden Market.
What resources would you recommend? Send your favorite tips to Vanessa at email@example.com. We’d love to hear from you!
– Darcy Gray, WPC president